MAMA & PAPA!!!!

MAMA & PAPA!!!!

Learning to walk!!!

Learning to walk!!!

Our Little Buddha!

Our Little Buddha!
Mama, Papa....when are you comming????

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 2 China





Day 2) Started out at breakfast at the hotel which was another very interesting experience to see a culture that does not have what we Americans have for breakfast, even the cereal had very interesting names on them one being “pop corn” for what we would know as “rice krispies”. This is where for the first time we met the five other families here from Great Wall Adoptions. After breakfast we headed to the lobby for our full day of touring the city. We went to see Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and finally the Great Wall. We found it amazing to see the sea of people at these historic place at some points it was wall to wall people and yes they were still a little pushy and rude, not that we would understand if they had called us a name or anything. It was a very surreal day for both of us to have seen these places on television and then to be right there and to walk around in places that were so old and legendary. I was very proud of myself for what I was able to do on the Great Wall I walked up the steep section to the second tier this was a major feet for me and something I felt I had to accomplish because I gave up smoking a year ago. Shirley went as far as she knew she could because of both her fear of heights and her asthma. I was very proud of her for saying that she could not go any further than she did. That evening we went out to dinner at the Beijing Hard Rock CafĂ© it was amazing and one of the other families came with us to dinner and we had a great night talking and exchanging stories about life and adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment